Purpose of Event Grants
The Peoria Arts and Culture Department is committed to enhancing the quality of life in the community by fostering and supporting event opportunities within the City of Peoria. The City of Peoria provides grants to assist with the direct costs connected to producing events within the community. These funds are to be utilized to offset hard costs including, but not limited to, facility rental, permitting, traffic control, marketing, solid waste and infrastructure costs. Grants are available to organizations of all sizes, whose primary mission is to produce, present or offer events open to the general public. To be considered, an organization must hold the event or a portion of the event within the City of Peoria boundaries, preferably on City property.
Event Grant applications will be accepted and awards distributed on a rolling basis from March 15, 2022 through March 15, 2023. All Event Grant applications must be submitted at least 90 days prior to event date.
Businesses: Businesses applying for Affiliate Funds must have a Peoria business license.
Individuals: Must apply through a qualified tax-exempt, non-profit agent under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code.
Organizations: At the time of application, applicant organization must be a tax-exempt, nonprofit organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. Organizations without this status must apply through a fiscal agent which is a tax-exempt, non-profit organization or through a government agency.
Schools: Applicant schools must be located within the City of Peoria, or have a portion of enrollment area within the City of Peoria. The festival and or performance must be held in the City of Peoria.
Funding Amount and Reimbursement
Applicants may request any amount per application and grant awards may be less. The applicant is not required to provide matching funds but must provide a detailed budget for the proposed event.
Important Conditions of Award
The grant applicant agrees to the following contract conditions by accepting a grant award from the City of Peoria.
1. All events shall be open to all members of the public and no person shall be denied access to, or participation in, the performance or event based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability.
2. An Event Grant does not guarantee or imply support in subsequent years.
3. Event Grants cannot be used for private or exclusive events.
4. Organizations receiving an Event Grant must provide proof of insurance with the City of Peoria listed as Additionally Insured and Certificate Holder. Proof of insurance is due one upon execution of contract if funds are awarded.
6. News/press releases regarding events should be promoted in Peoria publications such as, but not limited to the Peoria Times and the Arizona Republic.
7. Event Grants may not be used for construction or renovation of facilities, basic operating support, other capital expenditures, or reductions of debts.
8. Event Grants may not be used to support events which constitute a religious worship or which would advance or promote a religion or religious purpose.
9. Grantees shall expend funds awarded only for the purposes and uses specified in the approved event grant contract.
10. Grantees are required to complete and submit an final event and expense report no later than thirty (30) days after completion of the event. This will include: project summary, program achievements, a closing itemized financial report, receipts, and general observations.
11. Groups receiving an Events Grant from the City of Peoria will acknowledge this support in all programs, press releases and advertisements for grant-supported activities with the following credit line: “(name of organization) is supported in part by an Events Grant from the City of Peoria.” Failure to acknowledge support may jeopardize future funding requests.
12. Peoria Arts and Culture will not consider applications for projects which promote, contain or advance the following:
· Political activities, candidates or issues
· Pornography or sexually explicit or suggestive materials
· Substance abuse or the use of any illegal substance
· Excessive violence
· Material which advocates or implies the discrimination of, or degradation of any person because of that person’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability
If you require further information, please contact:
Arts & Culture Superintendent
For technical problems please contact Submittable by email email@example.com.
Your participation in our City of Peoria,
Arts & Cultural Survey will help us establish priority and pertinent programming for each Community we serve. Thank you!